Thursday, May 3, 2012

I've Got my Eye on You - Day 9

When it rains, it pours. Now that I'm back into crocheting, I can't stop. Luckily my friends are giving me a ton of ideas and I have my confidence back to I'm ready to get really creative. After I made the boob hats, I started thinking of what other cool hats I could make. I thought about doing a hat with a big eye on it. My friend Shelly suggested creating a stuffed eyeball, with bloodshot on the sides. I thought it was a really cool idea and got to work. I started on my blue eye, but began making it much too big. I felt it was going to be too time consuming, so I set aside the huge eye and began work on a much smaller version. I looked up crocheted eyeballs on the Internet for inspiration but in the end decided to put my own twist on the eyeballs. Instead of bloodshot, my eye looks as if it was plucked from a large crocheted eye socket, complete with hanging optic nerve. This eye was a hit! Shelly took it with her to work and has gotten lots of comments from coworkers (most noting how gross it is!) With a little extra time, I finished the larger eyeball, also with optic nerve. I have the larger one to Sam to take to work, thinking that his coworkers would get a kick out of it (unfortunately few have even noticed it's existence). So far I've only done blue eyes - I need to try brown, green and hazel as well.

Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment