Saturday, May 5, 2012

Yarn Yarn Everywhere - Day 11

Sam and I have been discussing the fact that I need to crochet something for our home. I have always wanted to make a really big blanket for us. My plan was to crochet large squares, at least one a week and after a year or so, stitch them all together to make a really big blanket. Sam thought that I should make something that I would be able to add on to as needed over the years. So I decided to make a huge granny square blanket. I figured that I would add a row from every different kind of yarn that I had. Basically, it would be a scrap blanket. We would randomly choose the different yarns so that we couldn't create a pattern. It's been a really cool undertaking and it's turning out to be really pretty. It's just a bit daunting that I'll have to come up with 96 different yarns to create a blanket big enough for us both to cuddle under. However, I've been finding yarn in many different hiding places, so I'm thinking that reaching 96 won't be a problem. How crazy is it that I'll have 96 different yarns - not necessarily different colors, but 96 separate skeins of yarn.

Here's a picture of it so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment