Saturday, May 5, 2012

I'm a Lumberjack and I'm OK - Day 10

Okay, so it's a day late - sue me. I've mentioned before that when friends hear that you're crocheting again, the custom projects come rolling in. My friend Jenn who is a quilter (and is going to teach me to sew) has a really cool 17 year old kid. She showed him a picture of my boob hat and he asked her to ask me to make him a beard hat. Now, I had seen a couple of these on the Internet and they looked pretty awesome. What's a beard hat? Well, it's a knit or crochet beanie hat with a crochet beard attached to it. It's really genius - it keeps your face warm in a very stylish way. Most of the ones that I have seen online were on babies, which is just funny. So I set out to make a beard hat, without ever having made one before. I'm an expert when it comes to making hats so I knew that would be no problem, but I was clueless when it came to the beard part. I scoured the Internet for a pattern and was able to cut and paste a few to make the beard that suited me. For a first time effort it looks pretty cool, but I'm not a fan of how the mustache turned out. I'll have to work a bit more on that. Either way, it was hilarious looking and GM loved it - that's really all that mattered! Now to make one for my son....

No comments:

Post a Comment