Sunday, December 27, 2009

A scarf for Grandma

This past November, I went to visit my grandma after not seeing her in 4 1/2 years. About a year ago I made her a blanket that she keeps on the couch in her den. While I was in town I was a bit bored and wanted to make something new for her. I needed to make something quick and easy that she could actually use. I went through her kitchen drawers and found all of her pot holders, so that was out of the question. I knew that it gets pretty cold in the midwest so I thought that a scarf would be useful. As much as my grandma loved the blanket I made her, she really enjoyed the scarf. There was something about her watching me make it that made it even more meaningful to her. I really like the way the scarf turned out and will have to make one for myself although it doesn't really get too cold in Texas.

Modeling my own creation

No comments:

Post a Comment